Solid Edge University has become an annual event organised and hosted by Siemens PLM Software, the developers of Solid Edge.
The event typically runs in the May/June time frame each year at changing locations but to date always in the USA.
The Solid Edge University began with the Solid Edge ST4 Global Launch Event held on 15th -16th June, 2011 in Huntsville, Alabama, USA. Fittingly the home of the Solid Edge development team.
For details about this years event, Solid Edge University 2014 to be held 12th May through 14th May in Atlanta, please click here.
The Solid Edge University event allows you to:
- Increase your design productivity and the value you deliver to your company.
- Acquire Solid Edge design tips, tricks,and ideas.
- Explore new or previously undiscovered Solid Edge features and functions.
- Discover innovative ideas for addressing your design challenges.
Most importantly there are numerous opportunities to network with the Solid Edge founders and development team. You can also help shape the future of Solid Edge by participating in round table discussions led by the Solid Edge planning team.
Attendance at the Solid Edge University is highly recommended.
As with all events of this nature a major issue is the total cost of attendance, something in reality outside the control of the event organisers, Siemens.
Registration fees are typical for an event of this type that is hosted at a conference venue, at around $500/user for two day attendance. Siemens do offer early bird registration and group incentives, but these registration fees have little impact on the total cost of attendance.
Hotel and travel costs are likely to push attendance costs to between $1500 to $3000 dependent upon where you are travelling from.
Unfortunately this makes it prohibitive for many Solid Edge users.
For those of you able to attend the major challenge is implementing the knowledge gained from attendance once back in the work environment.
Solid Edge University is an intensive event woth many, many sessions. Whilst no single individual would want, nor be able, to attend all sessions the amount of information and knowledge to digest is significant.
As with all forms of education you must recall and practice the techniques learned to reinforce that knowledge and make the processes second nature.
Solid Mastermind and Solid Edge University
The key focus for the Solid Edge University as with Solid Mastermind is to help you achieve productivity in your daily operations, and to provide a competitive advantage for your company.
This makes Solid Mastermind the perfect complement to the Solid Edge University events:
- It allows Solid Edge University attendees to reinforce the knowledge gained during the event at any time subsequently using the tools available within Solid Mastermind on-line 24x7.
- For those not fortunate enough to attend the Solid Edge University Solid Mastermind provides on-line 24x7 all the tools necessary to acquire the knowledge and education available at Solid Edge University.
Solid Mastermind is the virtual Solid Edge University available 24x7.
Access to Solid Mastermind is very competitively priced and can be purchased on a monthly or annual basis.