For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Ingenea Limited of The Atrium, Curtis Road, Dorking, Surrey RH4 1XA.
Who are we?
What information may we collect?
When you visit our web site we may collect and process two types of information: a. personal information that you willingly choose to disclose and/or b. information regarding your use of our web site.
a. Personal information you choose to disclose
We collect and process personal information that you provide by filling in forms on our web site. This includes:
- Information that you provide at the time of registering to use our web site, subscribing to our service, posting material, making purchases from our web site, or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information that you provide when you sign up for our electronic communications or undertake surveys.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our web site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our web site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, blogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- The content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses where you choose to correspond with us through email.
b. Web site usage information
Similar to many other commercial web sites we use industry standard technology known as “cookies” and web server logs to collect information about how our web site is used. Information gathered may include, the time spent on our web site, the pages viewed, the date and times of visits, and the details of other sites visited just before or after visiting our website. We also record your IP address when you request any page on our web site. Your IP address is a string of numbers unique to your computer.
They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our web site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognise you when you return to our web site.
Typically when you visit a web site that site asks your system for permission to store the cookies on your computer. Each web site can create and store its own cookies however we will only read information from cookies created and sent by us. With most Internet browsers, functions are available to erase cookies from the computer’s hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. You are advised to refer to your browser instructions or help screens to learn more about these functions. If you choose to decline cookies you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our web site.
Where is this information stored?
Personal information relating to online registration is stored at the list server that delivers our electronic communications. Your information can only be accessed by us, and those who help us manage those lists to deliver electronic communications.
We use an external payment processing company to process credit card orders and bill you for goods and services purchased through our web site. The company does not use personally identifiable information for any other purpose. We do not store any credit card information.
How do we use this information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Marketing purposes including administering and expanding our business activities, conducting surveys, providing customer service and making available other products and services to you.
- To ensure that content from our web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from use or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our web site, services, products or offers we think you may find valuable.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal date to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Ingenea Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal date in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our contract(s) with you and/or any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ingenea Limited, our customers or others.
How do we protect your information?
We follow accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us. No method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure however. Therefore whilst we use commercially acceptable techniques to protect your personal information we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Email is not recognised as a secure method of communication. For this reason we request that you do not send private information by email.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
Any information sent to you as a result of you choosing to subscribe to one of our services may include an unsubscribe link. You can remove yourself from the subscription list/lists by clicking on the unsubscribe link and following the instructions provided, or contact us directly.
Third Party Sites
Our web site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the web sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these web sites, please note that these web sites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to these web sites.
Dependent upon the product or services you have purchased from us you may have access to our exclusive members only forums and questions and answer areas. You also have the ability to comment on our blog which is public and not restricted to members only. Please be aware that any information you submit through the bulletin boards, forums and blogs may be read, collected or used by other users. To protect your privacy when posting, replying, or commenting on our bulletin boards, blog or forums, your email address is not revealed. However we are not responsible for personal information you choose to disclose through the Communication Services.
If any member of a forum sends unsolicited messages to other members they may be removed from our forums. If you think you have received an unsolicited message from a member of the forum please email us using our contact form.
By using our web site you consent to our collection and use of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.